Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Out of time

My mind has been overwhelmingly preoccupied lately. I keep thinking about the miners, their families, friends...everyone they left behind. The whole thing just breaks my heart. Especially reading about the miners and who they were. I keep wondering how long these men laid there and suffered, dying slowly, before finally losing the battle. They just ran out of time. But how long before rescue teams got there? If it turns out it was only an hour or so before they got there, that makes it absolutely...there are no words. My brother and nephews are miners. This is my brother's mine. My nephews used to work there, but left for a union mine. My heart completely breaks for these families. I can't even imagine what it must be like to go to work, or watch your husband go to work every day, knowing very well he might not come home. I hope I don't ever have to, because if my heart breaks this much for people I don't even know, I don't think I could survive if it was someone I loved. I pray with everything I have that these families find a way to cope with this, and get through this. My heart and every ounce of my prayers are with each and every one of you.

**God bless the families and the miners of the Sago Mine**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I'm so glad your brother wasn't at work!! But I was so sad hearing the news!! I miss ya!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger ~kiley said...

...who misses me?

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home