Friday, December 16, 2005

December 16th

Ok, I'm officially unemployed, but that's beside the point. I'm liking it, though. Just wish it was paid, but that would be too easy. Even though it's almost over, it just hit me that this is December 16th. Obviously, genius, you're saying. Being the sentimental fool I am, December 16th has held a very special place in my heart. Remember what it was like to really fall in love that first time? Yeah. December 16, 1995 was that date for me. That was the night I met the first real love of my life. And it, and he changed my world forever. I've always heard that we are who we are today because of the people who've been in our lives along the way. Well, this guy made more of an impact than any other guy before or since. Like I said, he was my first love. First loves do that. And I'll be the first to admit that I never really got over him. I believe that when you really, truly love someone, you always do to some extent. That feeling, once felt, never goes away. I still remember one of my friends telling me when it ended there was no way I could've loved him. And I remember thinking, if it wasn't love, what was it? Cause it sure hurt like love. I found a Jason Aldean song that's almost perfect...but then, so many lost love songs are 'almost perfect' where he's concerned. Anyway, I wanted to share this. It's been altered, though not much, because like I said, it's so close to perfect.

It was the winter of ’95, I fell in love and I learned to drive. Me and Roy didn’t waste no time, went zero to 65 one night. Being young was getting old, we were heading down a dead end road. But we didn’t care, we were on a roll. Hanging on for the ride, those lines that we were crossing, carelessly tossing caution to the wind were wearing thin. We were living for the minute, loving every second of it. Fearless, wild, and free, nothing could stop us but one day time caught up with us and woke us up in the middle of our dream, but not before he loved me. I think we thought that it would last, but looking back I had to laugh. What a mess we made of that, now I’m not sure that I would want it back. We learned a little bit about love, what it wasn’t and what it was. It was fast and it was fun, the beginning of the end of us. One day that road just ran out, but I still travel down it now and then…

Don't have a clue where he is now, who he is. Don't even remember who I was back then. Guess like we all were at 17. Young, crazy, restless, naive...invincible. Nothing and no one would ever hurt us. Then...life happens. I don't regret a minute of it. It was amazing.

'Love you get over in two months, big love you get over in two years, and great love, well great love...changes your life.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home