Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pearl Harbor

Wow...64 years since Pearl Harbor. Maybe I'm crazy, but as the surviving veterans get older and pass away, I can't help but feel we're losing something major. It's the end of a generation. Obviously, but it won't be long till there aren't any of them left. No one to tell the stories, no one who was there, who experienced that and lived to tell the tale. Check out this site: Passing of a Generation. It's really moving. "We are losing an incredible generation, and this nation knows not what it is losing."

I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes". ~Richard Winters quoting Mike Ranney, Band of Brothers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home