Friday, October 28, 2005

One Year

...sometimes I wonder who you'd be today...

Bobby Hammons
September 19, 1972
October 28, 2004

...the only thing that gives me hope is I know I'll see you again someday.

the first year's the hardest, but it's been a year now. it doesn't hurt any less, maybe even a little more, if possible, because of the truth finally sinking in that you're really gone. maybe if something made sense. maybe if we'd known there'd come a day when you wouldn't be there anymore. but i'm glad i didn't know. that would've changed everything. and for what it's worth, i wouldn't have changed a thing, except to say to you "yes Bobby, I remember". and now, i'll never forget again. i've said it 50 thousand times before, and i'll say it the rest of my life. you're not supposed to bury your friends at 32 years old. life's just not supposed to work that way. it should've never been you. you were one of the few genuinely good guys out there. i guess the good really do die young.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy you can always get my tears rolling!! I can't believe it has been a year.....Git-r-done Bob!! we still miss you and always will!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home