Friday, December 09, 2005

But I Do

I've had a helluva time trying to post! It hasn't let me! Don't know why, but here I am! You can smile again! :-P I heard the coolest song. It's by a girl named Jessica Dean. It's called But I Do. I LOVE this line! Funny thing about pride, it's supposed to make you strong. But it'll let you lose your heart before it lets you say you're wrong. Dang...if that ain't the truth sometimes. My ADD is getting worse. I'm under stress. WTF was I thinking??? Quitting one job, moving, changing Chaney's schools, starting a new job, and the HOLIDAYS ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! OMG. Heaven help me now.

And how do you help your child when one too many people she knows has died in a car accident and she is now terrified to go anywhere in a vehicle for fear of getting killed? I'm a licensed therapist...but I'm at a complete loss as to how to help my own kid. When it's someone else's life, it's always easier to tell them what to do and help them with it, but when it's your own...not so easy. Anyone have any suggestions? I've already talked to her about God having a plan for each of us, and that when it was our time, it was time to go, no matter how old you are or what you're doing at that time. But it doesn't make sense to ME sometimes; how's a 10 year old supposed to understand? You want to protect your kids from anything that could hurt them...how do you protect them from something that's a part of life? At the very least, how do you keep them from being severely emotionally damaged by it? I'm 27, she's 10. She's had almost as much death in her life in 10 years that I've had in 27. That's got to have a major effect. It's affecting ME! I know it's doing things to her. I can't very well tell her that it's ok, and this or that won't happen...BUT I DON'T KNOW. And it breaks my heart that this isn't one of those things you can kiss and make it all better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home