Saturday, October 01, 2005

Skinned knees and broken hearts

I keep thinking about that quote "Sometimes I wish I was a little kid again...skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts." Thank you Taylor, for that wonderful walk down memory lane...only problem is, I didn't wanna come back. I've been thinking about the past a lot lately. My life is so royally screwed up and stressful and I'm about 12 different shades of fed up, so my mind naturally wants to regress back to a time when life was simple and I was happy...which would be my childhood. Nothing spectacular about it, just really happy memories. And of course, most of them involve my father, who is no longer here, so that could be a big part of it. But obviously, nobody can turn back time. I can just be thankful that I was given a happy child and a family who loves me, and that I have those memories to look back on. So many of my clients don't have that luxury. Which makes me really see how lucky I am.

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap. ~Barbara Jordan

Works for me! Speaking of which, it's past my bedtime...night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home