Sunday, February 26, 2006

Moving...and moving on.

If nothing else, these past couple of months have really made me think of the past. Where my life's going...moreso, where it's been. I can't say I've had a bad ride. It has definitely been a trip.

I've read a few books, wrote a few songs, looked at my life...where it's going, where it's gone.

I've had a good life. Ups and downs, sure...who doesn't? But I'm a better person for it. They made me...me. Most of them I wouldn't trade for anything. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way.

I find myself sitting here, having uprooted my life YET AGAIN, thinking about the guys in my past, mostly. My friends have come along for the ride, but the guys are now just distant, sometimes vague memories. The Marks and the Lances, the Gunners and the Wades...every woman should have them. In some cases, every woman HAS had them, but...did I say that? Ooops...I don't know what course God has set me on; it's not for me to know. Just trust my captain, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride.

~Every woman should have one old love she can see herself going back to...and one who reminds her how far she's come.

Sometimes it hurts, sure. I wonder why, but sometimes things are bettr than I could've dreamed. And that is what stays with you. Those moments are the ones that make it all worthwhile. Those moments are what keeps me going, hoping...dreaming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have a positive outlook on life! Cuz i sure as hell don't! LOL Thanks for letting me stay with you for a night! It was fun even though we did have a sicko along with us! LOL

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this post.

Well thought and well written to boot!

I dig deep women.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home