Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th!

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th! Mine was ok, except it was tainted by the knowledge that I have to go back to work tomorrow. UGH. Long weekends are BAD. They make me wanna never work again. At least not for awhile. I'm just feeling all upside down inside out. No clue what to do. And the weirdest thing...while I was taking a shower earlier, someone from my past suddenly popped in my mind. Out of nowhere, I suddenly thought of Parker. Where'd THAT come from? For those of you who don't know or don't remember, Parker was a brief moment of amazing insanity my 2nd year of grad school. I fell hard and fast for that boy. He was awesome. That is, until he DUMPED ME ON MY BIRTHDAY to get back with his ex. That was incredibly NOT awesome. So I moved on and started dating Travis, and Parker decided he wanted me back. OH FREAKING WELL. Although, looking back now, I wonder how things would've turned out. No regrets. But I do wonder what it'd have been like if I'd gone the other way. But I'm glad I went the way I did. My time with Travis was absolutely amazing, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. My only regret is that I wish I'd treated him better. Wouldn't have changed the way the story ended. We just weren't meant to be anything more than what we were. But I'm just absolutely floored that Parker crossed my mind. Well, not so much that part, but that these...feelings, or whatever they might be, came along with that memory. Wasn't expecting THAT. Oh freaking well. He was a 6 day vacation 3 years ago! Hope he's doing well, in spite of the fact that things didn't end well between us. I should probably mention that we somewhat tried again after Travis and I broke up, but that one didn't work either. So that's when I just chalked it up to a necessary life experience, packed up, and moved on. And until now, never looked back. Funny how your heart works, though...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please do not think about the past...it could be bad for all of us!!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home