Saturday, May 21, 2005

One More Day

Went to visit Bobby's grave today. It's the first time I've been there since the headstone was finally put in. Made it all a little too real. Not like it wasn't anyway, but you know what I mean. I just sat there talking the wind, wishing so much I could tell him all the things I wanted to tell him, instead of sitting there talking to his name on a stone. I've always heard that God does everything right, but some things I'll never understand. I know there are some things that are out of our control, and some things only God can decide, but I still can't quite believe he's gone. My heart won't stop saying that Bobby shouldn't be laying in that cemetery. He should still be with us, laughing, joking, carrying on, spending time with his family and friends, racing...a man passed me in a truck Thursday evening as I was leaving work who could've been his twin. I got cold chills all over. I can still hear his voice saying GIT R DONE! Guess I always will. But that's ok. I cherish each and every one of those memories, especially now, because there will never be any new ones to make. I thought it was eerily appropriate that as I pulled into the cemetery today One More Day came on the radio. I know I'm definitely not alone in wishing for one more day with him. But of course, nobody gets that. Life doesn't work that way. I'm just grateful that I got to be a part of his life at all, if only for awhile. Thank you for letting me in. Rest in peace and GIT R DONE! We'll love you all our lives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN YOU K!! you just had to make me cry didn't you!! Well all miss him and always will!! I hope he knows how I really felt about him....I will always regret the way we treated each other! all I can say is damn you for making me cry again!! GIT R DONE BOB AND BEAT ALL THEIR ASSES IN RACING!! WE ALL YOU KNOW YOU CAN!! MAKE THEM KISS YOUR LITTLE BUNNIES COTTON TAIL!! LOL

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home