Sunday, January 02, 2005

Amazing...

I found a quote in a magazine yesterday by 13 year old Mattie Stepanek, who passed away on June 22, 2004 from complications related to his muscular dystrophy. I had heard a lot about this little guy in the past, and when I read this quote he had written, I was just blown away. It's more insightful and intelligent than most adults I know have ever thought about being. This is what Mattie said: What matters most to me is that I wake up each day and take a breath. I appreciate watching the sun rise and set, knowing that they are gifts, not things to be assumed. Amazing. Click on Mattie's name at the top to go to the Muscular Dystrophy Association's webpage and read about this amazing little miracle who was taken from this world way too soon, yet still managed to make more of an impact than most of us ever will in a long, healthy lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home