Friday, February 23, 2007

blissfully unemployed

So...I quit my job yesterday. Just flat out resigned. It wasn't entirely my option. According to my now-ex boss, I was "on the wrong bus" and couldn't do my job, which meant everybody else had to pick up the slack. Well, I KNOW I was on the wrong bus...knew that for awhile. I just didn't know how to STOP the bus so I could get off. So what it came down to was essentially a forced resignation. She seemed very much against actually "firing" me. Some people said I should've made them fire me. It crossed my mind, but hey, the bus was stopped. The door was open, and I was hitting the road. I didn't want to stick around long enough for them to fire me, and I also didn't want that going on my record. I've never been fired, and I don't intend to start now.

So now I'm in uncharted territory. I've never left one job without having another already lined up. We're not hurting for money. Something I realized this week is that I don't HAVE to work. With what Larry brings home, we're fine. Sure, having the extra money is really nice, but it's also nice to know we'll be ok. This could be the best thing that could happen. Before, I've always just taken the first thing that came along thinking it would be better than the hell I was already in...only to find that the new job was just as bad or even worse. This way I can take my time to figure out what I really WANT, and pick and choose. People keep telling me "you have a master's degree; you can write your own ticket." Yeah, until now, that hasn't been the case, but by God, it's time to start. :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the happily unemployed yea!!!!!! If you would have forced a firing without a good cause you could have sued. Hmmm If you and Larry are ok sit back and try to figure out what you want. Just be happy. Start planning your wedding. Better yet, get one of the local TV stations to plan it for you That way it won't cost y'all a dime but y'all would be at the mercy of the public.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Congratulations! You have to do what makes you happy. You'll find something else - something better!

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! I know how scary it is to quit a job and not have another one lined up. I did it in November when I moved here!! Everything will work out. The only thing I learned is you have to have Patience (which is probably something I don't have too much of)
E-mail me sometime!!

Nicole

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home