Sunday, April 23, 2006

a little thing called love...

I got asked a very good question last night, which has rattled my brain ever since. I've never been asked this question in my life.

"Don't you miss being loved?"

I sat there for a few minutes, and the only reply I could come up with was, "I don't think I've ever really been loved."

Friday night I was scared to death thinking I'd never find it...today I'm scared to death that I will. He said and did all the right things:

"You're perfect for me."
"I want all of you, but I want your heart most of all."
"I am so into you."
"I can't stop thinking about you."
"I love everything about you."

And I know all too well that talk is cheap. People say things to get what they want more often than not. If it's my heart he's really after, he's gonna hafta PROVE IT. Last night was a good start, being all attentive and affectionate, but then again, last night could've also been a typical male attempt to get in my pants. Holy crap, I don't know what to do. I have a guy right here in front of me who's practically BEGGING ME to let him love me, and I'm scared to death to open myself up like that again. But then I bitch and whine and cry about not being able to find anyone. I shouldn't let this one get away. If I do, I have no one to blame but myself. I said a prayer Friday night (after getting my hopes crushed again) for a good guy to come my way, someone who's crazy about me and isn't going to run...and Saturday afternoon, right there he was...funny how life works sometimes. Anybody out there have any suggestions or advice for what I should do? I don't want to let this guy get away, but I'm scared to death to let him in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home