Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Friends

If the good Lord calls me home, I'd like to think my friends will think about me when I'm gone...
~Tracy Lawrence, If I Don't Make It Back

...brings up all sorts of thoughts. If...when...something does happen to me, will my friends think about me? Would, say, Byrd, drink a Bud Light 'in my honor' every now and then? That line makes me stop and wonder how and even IF I've touched others' lives, at least enough to be remembered when I'm gone. Granted, I'm hoping I don't go anywhere for a long, long time, but again...none of us think that. I would love to think that I've made my friends' lives better and that I've been a great friend, but I can't be sure of that. I ASSUME I am, or they probably wouldn't stick around...would they? Would you stick around if someone was a horrible friend? Didn't think so. So I guess I've been at least a decent friend, because the friends I have, I've had for years. Or...is it that they stay out of habit? I always joke around with Tiff that we're not really friends anymore, but after almost 17 years, it's just habit. But what if that's really true?!?! Am I depressing or what? I read all these other blogs that are upbeat and hilarous, then here's mine...all pensive and deep and just plain depressing. I'm gonna go eat potato soup now.

1 Comments:

Blogger JJP said...

I would say Here's to Kiley a Tennessee Woman that lived life and got out of it what she could May she be with her family in Orange and White :o)

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home