Sunday, September 04, 2005

Asking us to dance...

Baby, thank you for asking me to dance. Those 4 little words completely changed my life. And only for the better. Yeah, you didn't give me anything for my birthday, but in the words of an old Conway Twitty song, you sure took a lot of things away. You took away the loneliness, and the insecurity, and the wondering if I'd ever find someone who cared about me as more than just a 'friend'. You always say you're really shy around girls you don't know. Well, I don't know what in the world possessed you to ask me to dance that night, but I thank God each and every night that you did.

Darlin' tonight I am reminded how much these two hearts need romance. You know it isn't all that often we get this kind of chance. Why don't we get caught in this moment? Be victims of sweet circumstance? Tonight I feel like all creation is asking us to dance.

Thank you for asking me to dance. As I lay me down to sleep tonight, my one wish is for a thousand more dances with you. Sweet dreams baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home