Saturday, July 23, 2005

I'm baaaaack!

Miss me? I had a great time, except for the drive. That was hell. But along the way I learned some things. Actually, this past week has just been one big learning experience. I should be a genius by now! Here are the highlights. Read and enjoy. Feel free to comment.

  1. Little Clear Creek is bigger than Big Clear Creek. (I don't get it.)
  2. Newport News traffic sucks.
  3. I probably seriously would lose my head if it wasn't attached.
  4. Getting chased by a crab isn't very fun.
  5. Sand gets VERY hot in 110 degree weather.
  6. OBX sand hurts.
  7. All you have to do is walk along the beach...or apparently anywhere in the remote vicinity of sand...and sand gravitates toward your body like a magnet, especially along your hairline.
  8. Big black guys wielding long pipe/bat looking objects walking out of dark alleyways in the middle of the night are apparently FRIENDS with the local police.
  9. I either need to a: stop putting things in my pockets, b: check my pockets more often, or c: really make a better effort to remember where I put things (see also #3).
  10. Apparently I really do actually have a very hard head. However, the knots would disagree.
  11. I need to be put in a bubble. ASAP.
  12. You CAN go backwards on the exit ramp in VA. I personally witnessed this. More than once.
  13. ...and, as an addendum to #2, I have learned that ALL TRAFFIC IN VA SUCKS. At least from Richmond to the Outer Banks and vice versa.

I'm sure I probably learned a LOT more, but the knocks to my noggin have wiped them out (see #10). So alas, those are the main ones. Can't wait to see what happens next!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you learn anything about your man problems? Like how to leave one behind? and give others a chance? hmmmmmmm.... and did the knots on your head give you dyslexia too?!?!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home