Tuesday, November 20, 2007

sweet dreams

This...would be me. I have the most outlandish, absurd dreams of anyone I know. Every single blasted night, apparently. One night, I was driving a tree. A TREE. With limbs, leaves, roots, and all. It's like someone just slapped wheels on the bottom, carved out a little hole and window, and plopped a steering wheel in the middle. Other nights I'm flying and floating and swimming...lots of different stuff. Well, the other night was no exception, except for what happened. I remember dreaming about being in a room with red walls (probably my kitchen fiasco coming back to haunt me--I'm attempting to paint our kitchen red). In this room with red walls, the walls are stretching, like they're rubber...or whatever. There are people trying to come THROUGH the walls to get to me. Me? I'm trying to GET OUT. Next thing I know (consciously, anyway), I'm in the floor. I FELL IN THE FREAKING FLOOR. When's the last time THAT happened? I'm thinking at least 20 years ago, if not more. In addition to flopping in the floor, apparently my dreams were causing me to be combative. I was fighting the wall people. Larry told me the next morning that I was talking before I went in the floor, and when I took my nosedive, he tried to help me back in bed, and apparently I started swinging at HIM. Guess I didn't want help. I woke up, realized where I was and (sort of) what was going on, and made some excuse about having to pee and ran to the bathroom. It's 4am...and I'm hit by a fit of laughter over the whole situation. It was all I could do to get back to sleep. I kept thinking about being in the floor, and it kept making me laugh. I'm sure Larry was pleased.

The next day, I turned it around and said Larry kicked me out of bed. Which, could definitely happen. He has arthritis in his knees, and it bothers him a lot at night, and he kicks constantly sometimes. He seemed offended. I was amused.

Note to self: stop playing Resident Evil 4 with the kids. When it comes to imaginations and influence, you're as bad as they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home