Wednesday, March 21, 2007

...all we ever find

There are times when we'll be talking, joking around, and I'll mention leaving. Larry tells me I'm free to go, and that he's not stopping me. Then there are times when I think about it. And then I think, what am I doing? I'm engaged to be married! I shouldn't think about leaving! I should be in eternal bliss and "happily ever after" in love. But then I realize I'm not leaving, I'm being realistic. Which I think is a good thing. I'm not betting on happy ever after or beds of roses and days of sunshine every day for the rest of my life. I know better. Relationships are work. Anything worth having takes a little bit of effort.

I'm not leaving. I'd never make it out the door. There are some times when admittedly, things could be going a HELL of a lot better than they are, but then I look at him, or see something of his...an article of clothing, his toothbrush, his cell phone...and I know that this is what I've waited, hoped, and prayed for. This moment and this man. I'd go crazy if something happened, if he was badly hurt or really sick, or if he got shipped to Iraq. I'd never leave. I'd lose my mind...what's left of it. Sometimes I might need to get away for awhile, but I'll always come back.

But if I know me, I'll turn this car around. I won't get halfway through town, and I'll be sorry. I'll stop and call, and you'll say you're sorry too, And I'll come runnin' back to you, if I know me. ~George Strait

*and no, nothing's wrong. I was just thinking, and wanted to get that off my chest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!
I hear ya.. I broke up with Carlos!! Things are going pretty good now though. E-mail me at work when you get a chane.. I wanna tell you about the 'new guy'

Miss Ya!!
Nicole

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home