Thursday, June 22, 2006

moved all gone away

dang, sorry I haven't posted since the beginning of the month! Y'all knew that I was getting a new job and moving, right? well, i moved and started that new job this week. as with any change, it takes some getting used to, but i am 1000 times happier than i've been in a long time. i'm loving living with larry, but i learned something the very first night...i am an extremely difficult person to live with. so what now? he's being extremely patient and supportive, which helps, given that i've never lived with a guy before, and swore i never would unless i was married! but given the circumstances, financially it's for the best, and i know we're going to get married, so that seems to make it all ok in my head. but again, the co-habitating still is a new thing. i'm having to adjust to keeping in mind that my moods and my decisions don't only affect me now, but they affect him as well. sometimes worse for him, because i've had almost 28 years to get used to the way i am...he's had 2 months. but we're just swimming along (although sometimes upstream, it seems) and making it through just fine. he can be moody and stubborn too, so it's a learning experience for both of us. by tomorrow, we should both be geniuses! is that even a word? it is now! i'm doing amazingly better in this job than i thought i would. apparently i have more experience and know more about what i'm doing than i thought i did, which is amazing, considering i've never been properly trained. they just kind of threw me in everywhere else and it was sink or swim. my new boss is wonderful. he sits in my sessions with me and offers constructive criticism and suggestions and a great deal of help. i'm finally being trained to do a job i've been doing for years! well...better late than never. and to all my former clients who were essentially my guinea pigs...I'M PROFOUNDLY SORRY. i really truly hope i helped you more than i harmed you, but in all honesty, i really don't know whether i made much of an impact either way. how can you when you were never taught to do what you're doing? that's like me going out and arresting someone without ever having any training on how to be a police officer. EEK. i would say it worries me, but the damage (hopefully lack of) is done; learn from it and move on. and so...that's my life. one big learning experience after another this week...like i said above, by tomorrow, i should be a genius!

be still.

1 Comments:

Blogger JJP said...

Glad to know everything is going well. Good luck I wish you the very best as always

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home