Saturday, March 26, 2005

If Heaven...

My uncle died yesterday...well, on the 24th, rather, by the time this is posted. :-( All sorts of mixed feelings about that. Of course I'm sad...somebody DIED. But at the same time, I'm relieved that it's over for him, he can't hurt anymore, and that he's with my dad again. I'm sure they're having a good ole time in Heaven talking up a storm, especially about the Lady Vols and Pat Summitt's 880 wins. So, that thought makes me very happy. Maybe what I'm thinking is crazy, but he reminded me SO much of my dad. I know I have my brothers and sisters, and other relatives that were also related to my dad, but honestly, my uncle seemed to me to be the last thing of my dad I had left, other than my dad's sister. I don't know why...all I can figure is that it's where they resembled each other so closely. And then, with this loss, it just brings back losing my dad that much more, which again...hurts. But...this is what I've come to think about the whole situation...If Heaven was an hour, it would be twilight, when the fireflies start their dancing on the lawn. And supper's on the stove, and Mama's laughing, and everybody's working day is done. If Heaven was a town, it would be my town on a summer day in 1985, when everything I wanted was out there waiting, and everyone I loved was still alive. Don't cry a tear for me, now baby. There comes a time we all must say goodbye. And if that's what Heaven's made of, you know I ain't afraid to die. Goodbye, Uncle Clark. I'll love and miss you forever. Say hello to Mom and Daddy for me, will you? We'll meet again someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home